About ShindanMaker (Q&A)
Thank you for using this website. This page includes a description of this website as well as a summary of all the questions the users have asked so far.
- What is ShindanMaker
- How diagnosis results are determined
- Why are the diagnosis results different depending whether upper case or lower case characters are used?
- How many persons have been diagnosed?
- If you find a diagnosis violating the Terms of Service
- Will the name I use when taking a diagnosis be used elsewhere on the site?
- The tweet button no longer appears
- My mobile device uses filtering service which block certain pages
About creating diagnoses
- Notes on creation of diagnoses (Terms of Searvice)
- About NG words
- I have something I do not know about the diagnosis creation methods
- I changed the diagnosis title, but the contents of the title image shown on Twitter (Twitter Card) have not changed
- I want to migrate diagnoses I created to a separate account
- What will happen to the diagnoses I created if I delete my Twitter account?
- Things to remember when tweeting diagnosis results on Twitter
- Will unauthorized tweets be tweeted by using ShindanMaker?
- A ShindanMaker hashtag is trending on Twitter that I consider inappropriate, and I would like you to deal with it
What is ShindanMaker
How diagnosis results are determined
Why are the diagnosis results different depending whether upper case or lower case characters are used?
How many persons have been diagnosed?
The number of [persons which have been diagnosed], which also influences each ranking, is not counted as the number of times a diagnosis is made. Rather, it is counted with several items of information used for such diagnosis. Accordingly, the number of persons which is diagnosed stays the same no matter how many times the same diagnosis is executed. (The number of persons which have been diagnosed is displayed on each page and updated every few minutes. Please note that at times this number does not change immediately.)
If you find a diagnosis violating the Terms of Service
Will the name I use when taking a diagnosis be used elsewhere on the site?
This site retains no user names, IP addresses, login information, or other data to determine who accessed or took a diagnosis.
While you can post the results of a diagnosis to Twitter or other social media, justt aking a diagnosis will not cause the results to be logged or published anywhere.
The User Diagnosis section of the site obtains and displays data via the Twitter API and does not internally log or display this information.
While the prior name you entered on the name field for a diagnosis will appear on subsequent visits, this is due to cookies stored locally in your browser; this information is not retained on the site.
The tweet button no longer appears
My mobile device uses filtering service which block certain pages
If your mobile device has a parental lock on it to filter content, you may be unable to see certain diagnosis pages or lists. If a site contains obscene or violent content, it is flagged as for adults only, and will be filtered.
Content intended for minors or not flagged as adult content will continue to be accessible. If you find that content is filtered, please try another page on the site to see if the issue persists.
About creating diagnoses
Notes on creation of diagnoses (Terms of Searvice)
In order to improve visitors' ability to use this site, we employ a Terms of Service. Please see details on this page. Terms of Service
About NG words
I have something I do not know about the diagnosis creation methods
If there is something you are unclear on about creating diagnoses, set the diagnosis you are creating as private before saving it, and contact support with the diagnosis URL and your questions.
I changed the diagnosis title, but the contents of the title image shown on Twitter (Twitter Card) have not changed
If you Tweet the diagnosis result given by the website, the image that displays the diagnosis title given by the website is shown as a Twitter Card in the Tweet. However, if this title image is shown by Twitter once, it is saved for a short while, so even if you change the diagnosis title, the contents Twitter Card will not be updated. Because of this, if you have changed the diagnosis title, you can change the image using the Card Validator provided by Twitter. If you go to the Card Validator page and enter in and send the relevant diagnosis URL, the Twitter Card image will be updated.
I want to migrate diagnoses I created to a separate account
It is possible to connect your ShindanMaker user account to multiple Twitter accounts. It is also possible to disconnect one or more of the multiple Twitter accounts that you have connected. After connecting a new Twitter account on the Twitter connections, you can migrate by disconnecting the existing Twitter account.
What will happen to the diagnoses I created if I delete my Twitter account?
Since we updated the specifications on February 2017, the processing of the Twitter account you used to log into the website being deleted will differ with this date as the boundary.
The processing will be different as shown below based on the diagnosis ID. (The numbers displayed at the end of the diagnosis page URL, the 000000 part of https://shindanmaker.com/0000000, corresponds to the diagnosis ID.)
- For diagnoses with diagnosis IDs 705568 and below: If the Twitter account used when creating the diagnoses is deleted, the created diagnoses will remain, but the creator information will be hidden.
- For diagnoses with diagnosis IDs 705569 and above: If the Twitter account used when creating the diagnoses is deleted, the created diagnoses will be hidden.
Things to remember when tweeting diagnosis results on Twitter
Remember to check Twitter Terms of Searvice when tweeting the diagnosis results displayed on this website using Twitter. Please be aware that irrespective of the content of the diagnosis result, all responsibility for any statements on Twitter lies with the user and not with this website.
Will unauthorized tweets be tweeted by using ShindanMaker?
A ShindanMaker hashtag is trending on Twitter that I consider inappropriate, and I would like you to deal with it
We apologize, but what is trending on Twitter is managed and run by Twitter, so we cannot deal with the trending contents.
If you deem a hashtag from our site that is trending on Twitter as inappropriate, we apologize for the inconvenience, but please use the "reporting feature" on the Twitter trends page to report the hashtag to Twitter.
Please see "Advertising" for details.
If you have any other questions,
Please contact @shindanmaker_cs from Twitter. (In Japanese or English, please.)
If you find a bug on our website, please let us know your device name (PC・iPhone・Android, etc.) and browser name (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, the browser built into the Twitter app, etc.) as well.
Please note that it will take us a few days to send a reply. Also, please note that we cannot assist you or reply in connection with the following contents.
- Individual inquiries about/requests to delete problematic diagnosis (Please use the [Report] function displayed on each diagnosis page)
- Ads, partnering (Currently, we cannot accommodate these requests)
- NG words
- Questions about contents which are already discussed on this page.